If you are new to the barber industry or an established veteran, there may be a time when you second guess your shop choice. Here are 7 reasons that you may want to leave….
1. Booth rent or commission fee is too high-If at the end of the week, all you have is your booth rent and enough for a happy meal; it may be time to leave.
2. No walk in traffic- If you come to work everyday and market yourself for a month and you still have not seen a walk in; it may be time to leave.
3. Too many barbers- If your shop looks like the DMV at the first of the month…. If you been at your shop for 6 months and you still don’t know half of the barbers in your shop names…
4. Shop atmosphere is negative-If you feel like you have to be armed when you go to work… If you co-workers constantly steal your products and equipment and yo are afraid of getting shanked when your back is turned…
5. Shop location sucks… If Google Maps asks you “Where the hell is that” when you put in your shop address… If you haven’t seen a new house, apt, store, or school being built in your area in the last 3 years….might be time to leave
6. Haircut prices are too low.- If $5 Fridays is the standard in your shop… RUN from your shop
7. The shop owner has no clue….- If the shop owner thinks its a good idea for you to pay booth rent twice a week…..
Think about you shop choices. It’s a career, not a hustle.
If winter 2015 was owned by the Scandinavian slick-back, the spring to come is about an altogether more comfortable look – the neat sweep, as seen recently on Justin Timberlake.
Though a sharply shaved back and sides combined with a strictly combed, wet-look top can look boyishly neat (see Becks and Gosling for proof), it’s not an easy cut to maintain and it has the potential to look a bit forced.
Continue reading “How To Get Justin Timberlake’s Haircut: The Neat Sweep”
Fitness instructors love January. The New Year heralds in a procession of guilt-ridden, turkey-weight-carrying slobs making their annual pilgrimage to the gym to lose the winter bulge.
Sadly, there’s a lot of bullshit out there on how to sort out your body. In short, a lot of what the ‘experts’ tell you is utter toss. The simple truth is that it’s all down to you and your willpower, and unlike wind, solar power and Bruce Forsyth, willpower is a finite resource.
So if you’ve made New Years resolutions, make sure you’re not wasting your willpower on the wrong ones. To save you the gym trip – and the cash – here’s FHM’s myth-busting guide to getting in shape for 2013…
Continue reading “10 Fitness Rules Every Man Should Break”
Congratulations to Barbers Only Magazine’s
(B.O.M.) 50 most influential barbers of 2014!
The barbers were chosen based on these 5 criteria:
- Artistic creativity
- Cultural influence
- Facial hair Grooming
- Traditional Cuts
B.O.M. 50 Most Influential Barbers (2014)
(In alphabetical order by government or IG name)
1)Adrian Fanus 2)Alex Clase 3)Amit Corso 4)Angel Raws 5)Arod23pr
6)Christina Goree 7)Chris “Razorsharp24” Williams 8)Criztofferson 9)Curtis smith
10)Danny Amorin 11)David “DL” Hiland 12)David Lindsay 13)Denny Moe
14)Doug Thompkins 15)Eric Cheeks 16)Eric Pacinos 17)Faheem Alexander
18)Garland G-Wiz Fox 19)Gino Maggio 20) Haven the groomer 21) Hood Barber07
22) J. ruff (Illinois) 23)J. Valentin 24) JC Tha barber (Los Angeles) 25) Jesse Lima
26) Joe the barber (San Antonio) 27) Julius Ceasar (Los Angeles) 28) Kb bullock
29) Kenny Duncan 30) Kriste Faulkner 31) Los Cut it 32) Marcus Harvey
33) Marcus Ph333 34) Mark Marrero 35) Mike “10 stacks” Sales 36) Moody OC
37) Papito “Blessed Hands” 38) Qaadir Larke 39) Rich “Captain Smash”Payne
40) Rich “Get Rich Inc” the Barber 41) Rob “Big Rob” Presswood 42) Rob the original
43) Sipp da Surgeon 44) Spruce Cruz 45) Stacey Kutz 46) Tariq Nevar 47) Tone McGill
48) Vandagoat49) Wil Perez 50)Youseff the barber
Sharpen up for a good cause
November heralds a month of moustaches (of varying success rates) thanks to the Movember charity appeal. For 30 days the non-whiskered become the whiskered – it’s hirsuteness’ moment in the sun! – helping to raise funds and awareness for men’s health issues.
This year, Ted’s Grooming Room – Ted Baker’s space for everything sprucing – is lending a dapper hand. Services at each six of its venues range from haircuts to skincare, as well as offering guests traditional Turkish shaves.
Continue reading “Ted Baker To Offer Up Complimentary Movember Grooming”